Smart SFP – IP SLA Probe
Wire Technologies manufactures and supplies Smart SFP’s that contain the latest groundbreaking technology in networking optimization, this is achieved by combining network performance monitoring and diagnostic verification, which is installed into the SFP form factor.
The Wire Technologies Lab has done extensive testing and research into this revolutionary smart SFP so we can guarantee combability with all the major vendors, this enables wire to support all their trusted channel partners in raising the bar on network reliability.
What is a Smart SFP IP SLA Probe?
A Smart Small Form Factor (SFP) Internet Protocol (IP) Service Level Agreement (SLA) Probe are gigabit Ethernet smart transceivers that reduce the need for additional network instrumentation, as they have service activation testing, troubleshooting, and network performance monitoring operations installed into the hardware of the SFP. The hardware is inserted into the chassis of a transceiver which is in line with the multi-source agreement so it can seamlessly deploy into existing network devices.
Smart SFP’s provide network operators and service providers with remote test points that enable performance assured service delivery and increase the value of existing network infrastructure.
- Service activation and assurance for Ethernet.
- mobile backhaul for 3G, 4G, LTE, and small cells.
- Ethernet business-services SLA verification and assurance.
- Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) end points.
- Simple to use, easy to deploy in existing network SFP ports
- Turns network ports into service-assurance tools, enabling Ethernet operation, administration, and maintenance (OAM) for any 1 Gigabit Ethernet network
- Simplifies test and troubleshooting procedures to reduce equipment upgrades, truck rolls, and mean time to repair (MTTR)
- Compatible with the VIAVI T-BERD®/MTS test portfolio and the and award-winning Fusion EtherASSURE™ centralized test solutions.
- Monitors across mobile-backhaul networks without additional instrumentation.
- Fully compatible with RFC 2544 and Y.1564 test methodologies.
- Activates test loopbacks (L2/L3) y Monitors inline. performance using Y.1731/ TWAMP-Light (RFC 5357).
- Measure’s throughput, availability, frame loss, frame delay, and frame delay variation
- Enables OAM 802.1ag for fault isolation.
|Description||Wire Part Number||Data Rate||Distance||Tx / Rx||Cable||Connector||Data Sheet|
|10/100/1000BASE-T||IP-SLA-1000BASE-MR-T-WR||1G||100m||N/A||Cat6/Cat 6a||RJ45||Upon Request|
|1000BASE-SX||IP-SLA-1000BASE-SX-WR||1G||550m||850nm||MMF||Duplex LC||Upon Request|
|1000BASE-SX/MX||IP-SLA-1000BASE-SX2-WR||1G||2km||1310nm||MMF||Duplex LC||Upon Request|
|1000BASE-LX||IP-SLA-1000BASE-LX-WR||1G||10km||1310nm||SMF||Duplex LC||Upon Request|
|1000BASE-LH||IP-SLA-1000BASE-LH-WR||1G||20km||1310nm||SMF||Duplex LC||Upon Request|
|1000BASE-EX||IP-SLA-1000BASE-EX1310-WR||1G||40km||1310nm||SMF||Duplex LC||Upon Request|
|1000BASE-EX||IP-SLA-1000BASE-EX1550-WR||1G||40km||1550nm||SMF||Duplex LC||Upon Request|
|1000BASE-ZX||IP-SLA-1000BASE-ZX-WR||1G||80km||1550nm||SMF||Duplex LC||Upon Request|
|1000BASE-CWDM||IP-SLA-1000BASE-CWDM-WR||1G||20km – 80km||1270nm – 1610nm||SMF||Duplex LC||Upon Request|